World News - Breaking international news and headlines | Sky News The latest international news from Sky, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens.
- Some Omicron cases have 'mild' symptoms and experts should know more about transmission in coming days - WHOon December 1, 2021 at 3:32 pm
Some Omicron cases are reportedly experiencing "mild" symptoms and experts should have more information about the transmission of the new COVID variant in the coming days, an epidemiologist at the World Health Organisation has said
- UK travellers visiting France will need negative COVID test as rules tightened amid Omicron fearson December 1, 2021 at 1:03 pm
France has tightened up its rules for people travelling into the country from outside the European Union amid growing fears about the Omicron variant.
- Tech firm zaps cow slurry with artificial lightning to cut methane emissionson December 1, 2021 at 11:55 am
A Norwegian technology company has invented a way to stop slurry (the fertilising mixture of manure, hay and water) emitting so much methane - by zapping it with artificial lightning.
- Michigan school gunman tried to lure students out into hallway by pretending to be policeon December 1, 2021 at 11:02 am
A school gunman tried to lure students out into the hallway by pretending he was a police officer, viral video footage shows.
- Help vaccinate poor countries or face more new COVID variant shocks, rich economies toldon December 1, 2021 at 9:44 am
The world's rich nations must help vaccinate the poorest nations or else they will face a continual cycle of economic shocks and restrictions in the face of new variants, the OECD's chief economist has said.