UK News - The latest headlines from the UK | Sky News Expert comment and analysis on the latest UK news, with headlines from England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- Anti-obesity pilot scheme to reward healthy living with vouchers to be launched in Englandon October 22, 2021 at 8:31 am
An anti-obesity scheme which rewards healthy living with vouchers and discounted gym passes will be piloted in England in January 2022, the government has announced.
- Booster jab rules will not change unless JCVI says so, minister sayson October 22, 2021 at 6:19 am
The government will not change the six-month gap between second doses of the coronavirus vaccine and the booster jab unless the UK's vaccine advisory body recommends it, a health minister has said.
- Longest losing streak on record for retail sales as consumer confidence slumps to lockdown levelon October 22, 2021 at 5:40 am
Retail sales volumes took a surprise dip last month to achieve their longest losing streak on record, according to official figures released as a measure of consumer confidence showed a slump to levels last seen in February.
- Channel 4 attacked as it emerges subtitles may not be fixed until the middle of Novemberon October 21, 2021 at 10:59 pm
A charity has called on Ofcom to take regulatory action to address Channel 4's lack of subtitles, which may not be fixed until mid-November.
- Queen's cautious overnight stay in hospital was for practical reasonson October 21, 2021 at 10:00 pm
It's not something the palace would necessarily have wanted to tell us about - but a story in a newspaper has probably forced its hand.